The Glamper Returns Part 1 - Post Retreat Comedown

(Image from the internet: https://druidry.org/resources/shamanism-in-the-celtic-world)

Here I am...blogging again because a Facebook status just isn't enough. Yes, it is a diary...before you knock introversion. 

Anyway, over the weekend, I went on a retreat into my native Hampshire forests. I learnt a lot about Celtic shamanism, had a trippy experience trying to connect to the blackberry spirit, discovered plant spirits are just well...a bit bonkers, and now I am home experiencing what I hope is not another bout of Covid. 

...

If I have Covid then it would be deeply ironic, because it is a few days to the anniversary of the first time I had Covid. 

Otherwise I probably just ate something unwashed and random like a root of something and my entire body is now suffering. Last year I went camping and came home and was dreadfully ill with a summer cold.

I was told categorically I am a 'glamper.' I am after all in my thirties and less interested in random adventure and more interested in creature comforts like I don't know...a warm bed and good tonic water, replace with whatever drink you can imagine me drinking and would be my favourite.  

I had been having these wonderful fantasies about becoming this amazing Shamanic wonder woman and retreating into the forest to escape the education system and modern living...but clearly the evidence is stacking against me. 

My body likes being 'modern,' but my mind is bored with anything on social media and so forth. I was completely absorbed by the folklore I was learning, the Shamanic journeys and the interesting conversations about why oh why didn't the Celts bother to have a creation myth??

Here I watch Merlin and wait to be called into work. It is not a bad life...but I can see why modern living is 'bad for us.' I am bored of my phone already...

If only country living agreed with me physically. ;-(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Retreat - More Celtic Shamanic Goodness Part One

Canadian Adventures: Overwhelmed